Town of
 Parking Permit for People With Severe Disabilities 

There is no fee for a permit.
Upon receiving a completed application form
Where to Apply:
Town Clerks Office
9219 Main Street
Westernville, NY 13486

Plates are issued at NYS DMV offices but permits are issued by the Town Clerk, not the DMV.


The Town Clerk is the agent for issuance of permits for severely disabled individuals under NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law.  These permits allow holders to park legally in spaces reserved for persons with disabilities.  The permit (NYS DMV form # MV-664.1) must be issued in the name of the person with the disability to use when the disabled person drives or is a passenger in any vehichle that is not being used for commerical purposes.

Any NYS resident who qualifies as a severly disabled person is eligible for a statewide parking permit.  The permit offers an alternative to disabled drivers who do not want to display license plates with the wheelchair symbol.  Permits many also be issued for use by a parent with children who have disabilities and to the elderly.  Parents or guardians may apply on behalf of a severely disabled person however, in all cases the permit must be issued in the name of the person with the disability.

Application forms are available at the Town of Western Town Clerk's Office or online  (see below link).  The application must be completed and signed by the applicant as well as by a medical doctor who will indicate if the disability is temporary or permanent.  The Town Clerk can issue the parking permit only after receiving a completed application.

© 2020 Town Of Western, New York