Town of
 Marriage License 

$40 application fee
approximately 20 minutes
Where to Apply:
Town Clerks Office
9219 Main Street
Westernville, NY 13486

Everyone who intends to get married in New York State must obtain a marriage license from their Town or City Clerk.  The license is valid for use anywhere in New York State for a period of 60 days.  Once the license is issued there is a 24 hour waiting period before the couple can marry.  The couple must meet the following upon filing for a marriage license:

  • The bride and groom must both be present
  • Be at least 16 years old (parental consent required for all persons under the age of 18)
  • Both parties must present their Social Security Cards
  • Both parties must present photo identification (i.e. Driver's License)
  • If applicable, both parties must present original or newly certified divorce decrees of all marriages

A NYS marriage license application asks basic information such as mother's maiden name, your city/town of birth, birthdate, address and country where your parents were born.

Mary Centro - Town Clerk
Phone: 315-827-4928

© 2020 Town Of Western, New York